Back to Blog
Why Dove Medical Press?
Call for Papers: Thematic Series on “Aging and microenvironment in breast cancer”
Dawn Hesson on February 20, 2018 at 3:00 pm
Dove Medical Press is pleased to invite you to submit your original research and review articles to an upcoming Thematic Series on “Aging and microenvironment in breast cancer” guest edited by Dr Steven Greco in Breast Cancer: Targets and Therapy.
When submitting your work, please use the promo code BCTTT to receive a 25 % discount on the Publication Processing Fee and indicate that your manuscript should be considered for the Thematic Series on “Aging and microenvironment in breast cancer”. The deadline for submission of manuscripts is September 30th, 2018.
For any enquiries, please email to Dawn Hesson, Journal Development Editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Thematic Series
Aging is linked to physiological changes, such as altered functions of the hematopoietic system within the bone marrow. The hematopoietic system is the source of immune and other blood cells. Thus, an altered hematopoietic system could impact proper immune surveillance for malignant cells. However, age-related development of breast cancer is complex and may also involve changes in the microenvironment and the stem cell subset of the mammary gland, among other mechanisms. The journal Editors are seeking original research and review article submissions within the theme of “Aging and microenvironment in breast cancer”. Papers addressing the following issues are welcomed:
- age-related changes in stem cells, focusing on mammary stem cells but not excluding hematopoietic or other stem cells in bone marrow
- age-linked psychological stress and breast cancer
- age-related hormonal changes and breast cancer
- current immune therapies and combination treatments for breast cancer
- breast cancer metastasis to bone marrow in the context of the aging bone marrow microenvironment
- challenges of treating breast cancer in the elderly
The deadline for submission of manuscripts is September 30th, 2018.
Reasons to Publish in Breast Cancer: Targets and Therapy
- Indexed in PubMed/PMC, Scopus, ESCI, Embase, DOAJ, OAIster
- Rigorous peer review process
- Expert Editorial Board Members
- Open Access
Breast Cancer: Targets and Therapy is an international, open access journal published by Dove Medical Press (part of Taylor & Francis Group). Editor-in-Chief: Prof Pranela Rameshwar