Why Dove Medical Press?
Why publish with Dove Medical Press
With many journals and publishers to choose from, why should you submit your manuscript to Dove Medical Press? Choosing the right publisher can make a vital difference to your experience of the publication process. At Dove, we pride ourselves on our dedicated and experienced team who provide prompt and effective support at each stage of the process, from submission through the peer-review and editorial processes, to the post-publication monitoring of your paper’s metrics and performance.
- With our commitment to the open-access movement, Dove will make your paper freely available to the widest possible readership, without requiring access to a paywall for readers who wish to explore your research.
- A lot of our journals receive a large number of papers, but unlike many traditional printed journals, your paper will not be rejected due to lack of space. Our journals are all published online only and therefore we have no physical restrictions on the number or size of the papers that we can publish.
- Our team will help you identify which of our journals is right for your paper. Rather than reject the paper outright if your target journal is not the right fit, our expert staff will determine if another journal may be suitable and arrange for transfer.
- At each stage of the review and editorial processes, your paper will be assigned a dedicated team member (yes, a human!) who will update you on your paper’s progress and guide you through our procedures.
- You are welcome to use our Live Help service function to get in touch with any questions you have, or use the links on your author interface to contact the team member in charge of your paper.
- The time from submission to a decision being made on a paper can, in many journals, take some months and this is very frustrating for authors. We have one of the fastest turnaround times of any medical publisher. Generally peer review and the first editorial decision is complete within 4-5 weeks.
- Although peer review is rapid it is also very thorough. Many authors have found that our peer reviewers' comments substantially add to their final papers.
- Once your published paper is available on Dove’s website, you and your readers can keep up to date with the paper’s performance in the research community by viewing the paper’s metrics, continually updated on our site – click here for an example.
- The advantages of being an open access, online-only publisher are numerous, but in essence allow us a greater flexibility and responsiveness to authors and readers that older journals cannot match. We often receive feedback from authors amazed at how prompt, professional yet friendly all their communication was with us, throughout the publishing process.
Don’t take our word for it! We invite you to visit our website or Google reviews to read about our published authors’ experience of our dedicated and supportive team in their own words.
Updated 8 April 2022