We are pleased to announce the winner for the Dove Medical Press Video Abstract Award 2016
In vitro study of RRS HA injectable mesotherapy/biorevitalization product on human skin fibroblasts and its clinical utilization
Pierre-Antoine Deglesne, Rodrigo Arroyo, Evgeniya Ranneva, Philippe Deprez
Castelló d'Empúries, Spain
Annual Video Abstract Awards
Submit a video abstract with your paper and be in to win the annual Dove Medical Press Video Abstract Award. The videos with the most views will be eligible for selection and voting will be performed by published Dove Medical Press authors.
Video abstracts are an addition to papers that we offer our authors. The videos would be presented by the author, be of 1-3 minutes duration and give an overview of their paper so readers can get an idea of the content and motivation behind the paper.
The aim is to enable authors to personally explain the importance of their work to the reader. Video abstracts will enhance the reader's understanding and appreciation of an article through the accessible presentation of the main results and conclusions reported. To maximize engagement and visibility, authors are encouraged to combine footage of themselves with other relevant material of interest—such as footage of an experiment running or a lab tour.
The English video abstracts will be published with the paper and also provided to the journal indexing databases (eg, PubMed, MedLine, Embase, Scopus, CAS).
Editorials, Expression of Concern, Corrigenda, Photo Essays and Meeting Reports do not accept video abstracts.
2017 awards: Video abstracts (papers) published before midnight on November 30th will be eligible for inclusion in the 2017 video abstract competition.
Video abstract examples:
• New modalities of cancer treatment for NSCLC: focus on immunotherapy
• Worldwide increase in diabetes: implications for tuberculosis control
• Effects of magnetic cobalt ferrite nanoparticles on biological and artificial lipid membranes
• Effect of melatonin on nocturnal blood pressure
• Racial differences in endothelial microparticles
• Superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles
• Everolimus-eluting stents
Please adhere to the following guidelines when producing your video abstract.
• No longer than 3 minutes in duration.
• Introduce the topic of the article, highlight the main results and conclusions and discuss future potential developments in the field as a result of the work.
• The presentation should be understandable and accessible to users outside of the immediate field of the article.
• Inclusion of additional relevant material such as animations and lab footage is encouraged. Please check if any figures/animations are subject to copyright and, if so, ensure you have permissions to use these in your video.
• Do not include small text that will be difficult to read.
• Video abstracts will only be accepted in English.
• Authors should speak clearly and slowly when presenting their video abstract.
• Terms and conditions regarding the use and distribution of video abstracts will apply in line with the copyright statement of Dove Medical Press.
• Use only your own original work.
Video abstracts must meet minimum standards of quality for both video and audio components. In creating a video abstract, please meet the following specifications.
• Format: .mov, .mpg, .mp4, .avi, .flv, .wmv, WebM
• Maximum file size: 1 GB
• Up to 3 minutes in duration
Whilst it is always best to use professional video equipment to record your video abstract, we recognize that not all authors have access to such resources. If you have a mobile phone that produces reasonable quality video please feel free to use this. Before sending it to us always view the video yourself to ensure it is of adequate quality, ie. It is easy to see and hear everything on the video.
PLEASE NOTE: All video abstracts will be assessed for editorial suitability and quality by the editorial team. Any that are not of good enough quality will not be published.
Please send your single video abstract file via:
Follow the instructions onscreen:
• Type in your name in the ‘Full Name' field
• Type your email address in the ‘Email’ field
• For ‘Subject’ type in “Video abstract for ID xxxxx” (replace xxxxx with the submission ID of your paper)
• Type in any specific instructions into the ‘Message’ box (optional)
• Click ‘Select File’ button and upload your video abstract
• Click ‘Send it'
If you have any queries regarding video abstracts please contact us.
Updated 18 July 2017