Article Publishing Charges
Open Access Publication: all manuscripts submitted to Dove Medical Press are assumed to be submitted under the Open Access publishing model. In this publishing model, papers are peer-reviewed in the normal way under editorial control. When a paper is accepted for publication the author is issued with an invoice for payment of an article publishing charge (see payment details below) before their paper can progress any further. Payment of this charge allows Dove Medical Press to recover its editorial and production costs and create a pool of funds that can be used to provide fee waivers for authors from lesser developed countries (see below).
Published papers appear electronically and are freely available from our website. Authors may also use their published .pdf's for any non-commercial use on their personal or non-commercial institution's website.
Upon acceptance for publication a publishing charge will be payable.
- Article publishing charge invoiced to the UK are subject to 20% VAT.
- Owing to fluctuations in foreign exchange rates fees may occasionally be subject to change without notice.
Commercial use: No CC-BY-NC articles from the Dove Medical Press website may be reproduced, in any media or format, or linked to for any commercial purpose (eg. product support, etc) without the prior written consent of Dove Medical Press and payment to Dove Medical Press of an appropriate fee. For further information on commercial use of papers published under a CC-BY-NC license please see sections 4 and 5 here.
Color illustrations: Open Access papers appear electronically. As no printed issues of any Dove journals are produced there are NO additional charges for color illustrations.
Authors living in developing countries: We encourage our authors to publish their papers with us and don’t wish the cost of article publishing charge to be an insurmountable barrier especially to authors from the low and lower middle income countries. A range of discounts or waivers are offered to authors who are unable to pay our article publishing charges. These are dependent on current availability of funds for fee waivers. We use the World Bank Country Classification table to identify:
Low income countries. Contact authors whose primary affiliation is in these countries will be eligible for up to a 100% waiver of the standard article publishing charge;
Lower middle income. Contact authors whose primary affiliation is in these countries will be eligible for a 50% waiver of the standard article publishing charge.
We will consider requests for discretionary APC waivers by researchers who aren’t eligible for the above. You can request a discretionary waiver prior to submitting your manuscript here.
Please include supporting evidence for why a waiver would be necessary in your circumstances. Your request should include details of:
- The affiliation and country of residence of all authors.
- Details of where the research was conducted.
- Confirmation of all research grant funding received.
If you have already accepted a discounted price offered to you at the time of submission please be aware that this is the maximum discount and we are unable to help you further.
Authors who receive the support of, or are employed by, a commercial organization (e.g. pharmaceutical company) will not be liable to receive this discounted price. They will be asked to pay the full advertised price in effect at the time of submission.
Discounts may not be combined and where multiple discounts are available the one most favorable to the author will apply.
Click on the journal name below to see the relevant article publishing charge:
- Adolescent Health, Medicine and Therapeutics
- Advances and Applications in Bioinformatics and Chemistry
- Advances in Medical Education and Practice
- Biologics: Targets and Therapy
- Blood and Lymphatic Cancer: Targets and Therapy
- Breast Cancer: Targets and Therapy
- Cancer Management and Research
- Chronic Wound Care Management and Research
- Clinical and Experimental Gastroenterology
- Clinical Audit
- Clinical Epidemiology
- Clinical Interventions in Aging
- Clinical Ophthalmology
- Clinical Optometry
- Clinical Pharmacology: Advances and Applications
- Clinical, Cosmetic and Investigational Dentistry
- Clinical, Cosmetic and Investigational Dermatology
- ClinicoEconomics and Outcomes Research
- Degenerative Neurological and Neuromuscular Disease
- Diabetes, Metabolic Syndrome and Obesity: Targets and Therapy
- Drug Design, Development and Therapy
- Drug, Healthcare and Patient Safety
- Eye and Brain
- Hepatic Medicine: Evidence and Research
- HIV/AIDS - Research and Palliative Care
- ImmunoTargets and Therapy
- Infection and Drug Resistance
- Integrated Blood Pressure Control
- Integrated Pharmacy Research and Practice
- International Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- International Journal of Clinical Transfusion Medicine
- International Journal of General Medicine
- International Journal of Nanomedicine
- International Journal of Nephrology and Renovascular Disease
- International Journal of Wine Research
- International Journal of Women's Health
- International Medical Case Reports Journal
- Journal of Asthma and Allergy
- Journal of Blood Medicine
- Journal of Experimental Pharmacology
- Journal of Healthcare Leadership
- Journal of Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Journal of Inflammation Research
- Journal of Multidisciplinary Healthcare
- Journal of Pain Research
- Local and Regional Anesthesia
- Lung Cancer: Targets and Therapy
- Medical Devices: Evidence and Research
- Medicolegal and Bioethics
- Metalloproteinases In Medicine
- Nanotechnology, Science and Applications
- Nature and Science of Sleep
- Neuropsychiatric Disease and Treatment
- Nursing: Research and Reviews
- Nutrition and Dietary Supplements
- Oncolytic Virotherapy
- OncoTargets and Therapy
- Open Access Emergency Medicine
- Open Access Journal of Clinical Trials
- Open Access Journal of Contraception
- Open Access Journal of Sports Medicine
- Open Access Rheumatology: Research and Reviews
- Open Access Surgery
- Orthopedic Research and Reviews
- Pathology and Laboratory Medicine International
- Patient Preference and Adherence
- Patient Related Outcome Measures
- Pediatric Health, Medicine and Therapeutics
- Pharmacogenomics and Personalized Medicine
- Pragmatic and Observational Research
- Psoriasis: Targets and Therapy
- Psychology Research and Behavior Management
- Reports in Medical Imaging
- Research and Reports in Forensic Medical Science
- Research and Reports in Neonatology
- Research and Reports in Tropical Medicine
- Research and Reports in Urology
- Research and Reviews in Parkinsonism
- Research Reports in Clinical Cardiology
- Risk Management and Healthcare Policy
- Robotic Surgery: Research and Reviews
- Smart Homecare Technology and TeleHealth
- Stem Cells and Cloning: Advances and Applications
- Substance Abuse and Rehabilitation
- The Application of Clinical Genetics
- Therapeutics and Clinical Risk Management
- Transplant Research and Risk Management
- Vascular Health and Risk Management
- Veterinary Medicine: Research and Reports
Updated 1 September 2021