Back to Journals
Drug Design, Development and Therapy
Aims and Scope
Drug Design, Development and Therapy is an international, peer-reviewed, open access journal that spans the spectrum of drug design, discovery and development through to clinical applications.
The journal is characterized by the rapid reporting of high-quality original research, reviews, expert opinions, commentary and clinical studies in all therapeutic areas.
Drug Design, Development and Therapy will no longer consider meta-analyses for publication.
Specific topics covered by the journal include:
- Drug target identification and validation
- Phenotypic screening and target deconvolution
- Biochemical analyses of drug targets and their pathways
- New methods or relevant applications in molecular/drug design and computer-aided drug discovery*
- Design, synthesis, and biological evaluation of novel biologically active compounds (including diagnostics or chemical probes)
- Structural or molecular biological studies elucidating molecular recognition processes
- Fragment-based drug discovery
- Pharmaceutical/red biotechnology
- Isolation, structural characterization, (bio)synthesis, bioengineering and pharmacological evaluation of natural products**
- Distribution, pharmacokinetics and metabolic transformations of drugs or biologically active compounds in drug development
- Drug delivery and formulation (design and characterization of dosage forms, release mechanisms and in vivo testing)
- Preclinical development studies
- Translational animal models
- Mechanisms of action and signalling pathways
- Gene therapy, cell therapy and immunotherapy
- Personalized medicine and pharmacogenomics
- Clinical drug evaluation
- Patient safety and sustained use of medicines
The journal does not accept study protocols or case reports.
* Computational modelling, in silico screening and molecular docking studies must be validated using appropriate in vitro or in vivo methods.
** Plant extract studies will only be considered if the active compound has been identified and validated.
When considering submission of a paper utilizing publicly available data authors should ensure that such studies add significantly to the body of knowledge and that they are validated using the authors’ own data through replication in an original sample.
Related journals you may also be interested in:
- Adolescent Health, Medicine and Therapeutics
- Biologics: Targets and Therapy
- Clinical Interventions in Aging
- Clinical Pharmacology: Advances and Applications
- ClinicoEconomics and Outcomes Research
- Core Evidence
- Drug, Healthcare and Patient Safety
- ImmunoTargets and Therapy
- Integrated Pharmacy Research and Practice
- International Journal of Nanomedicine
- Journal of Experimental Pharmacology
- Open Access Journal of Clinical Trials
- Patient Preference and Adherence
- Pharmacogenomics and Personalized Medicine
- Therapeutics and Clinical Risk Management