Back to Journals
Breast Cancer: Targets and Therapy
Call For Papers
Breast Cancer: Targets and Therapy is indexed online:
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI), from 2016
- PubMed and PubMed Central (Breast Cancer (Dove Med Press))
- Embase, from 2010 (Correct as at December 8, 2016)
- Scopus, from 2010 (Correct as at December 8, 2016)
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- OAIster - The Open Access Initiative
Call for Papers: Thematic Series on “Aging and microenvironment in breast cancer”
Dove Medical Press is pleased to invite you to submit your work to an upcoming Thematic Series on “Aging and microenvironment in breast cancer” guest edited by Dr Steven Greco in Breast Cancer: Targets and Therapy.
When submitting your work, please use the promo code BCTTT to indicate that your manuscript should be considered for the Thematic Series on “Aging and microenvironment in breast cancer”. The deadline for submission of manuscripts is September 30th, 2018.
For any enquiries, please email to Dawn Hesson, Journal Development Editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Thematic Series
Aging is linked to physiological changes, such as altered functions of the hematopoietic system within the bone marrow. The hematopoietic system is the source of immune and other blood cells. Thus, an altered hematopoietic system could impact proper immune surveillance for malignant cells. However, age-related development of breast cancer is complex and may also involve changes in the microenvironment and the stem cell subset of the mammary gland, among other mechanisms.
The journal Editors are seeking original research and review article submissions within the theme of “Aging and microenvironment in breast cancer”. Papers addressing the following issues are welcomed:
• age-related changes in stem cells, focusing on mammary stem cells but not excluding hematopoietic or other stem cells in bone marrow
• age-linked psychological stress and breast cancer
• age-related hormonal changes and breast cancer
• current immune therapies and combination treatments for breast cancer
• breast cancer metastasis to bone marrow in the context of the aging bone marrow microenvironment
• challenges of treating breast cancer in the elderly
What is the advantage to you of publishing in Breast Cancer: Targets and Therapy?
- It is an open access journal which means that your paper is available to anyone in the world to download for free directly from the Dove Medical Press website.
- Unlike many traditional journals, your paper will not be rejected due to lack of space. We are an electronic journal and there are no limits on the number or size of the papers we can publish.
- The time from submission to a decision being made on a paper can, in many journals, take some months and this is very frustrating for authors. Breast Cancer: Targets and Therapy has a quicker turnaround time than this. Generally peer review is complete within 4-7 weeks and the editor’s decision within 2-14 days of this. It is therefore very rare to have to wait more than 9 weeks for a final decision.
- Many authors have found that our peer reviewers’ comments substantially add to their final papers.
To recover our editorial and production costs, and continue to provide our content at no cost to readers, we charge authors or their institution a publication processing fee.
Breast Cancer: Targets and Therapy is indexed on PubMed Central (title abbreviation Breast Cancer (Auckl)). All published papers in this journal are submitted to PubMed for indexing straight away
Become a Favored Author and receive real benefits
If you haven't already joined the Dove Medical Press Favored Author Program I would encourage you to do so. Why? To receive real benefits like fast-tracking and a personal coordinator for your paper, as well as a discount on the publication processing fee. Click here to go through to the Favored Author signup page, you'll just need to supply the working title of your next paper and when you intend to submit by.
Professor Pranela Rameshwar
Breast Cancer: Targets and Therapy
Related journals you may also be interested in:
- Blood and Lymphatic Cancer: Targets and Therapy
- Cancer Management and Research
- Gastrointestinal Cancer: Targets and Therapy
- International Journal of Women's Health
- Journal of Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Lung Cancer: Targets and Therapy
- Oncolytic Virotherapy
- OncoTargets and Therapy
- Open Access Journal of Contraception