Back to Browse Journals
Nature and Science of Sleep
Publication Processing Fees - Author Location
Open Access Publication: All manuscripts submitted to Dove Medical Press are assumed to be submitted under the Open Access publishing model. In this publishing model, papers are peer-reviewed in the normal way under editorial control. When a paper is accepted for publication the author is issued with an invoice for payment of a publication processing fee (see payment details below). There is no submission charge as such, only the publication processing fee after the paper is accepted for publication. Payment of this charge allows Dove Medical Press to recover its editorial and production costs and create a pool of funds that can be used to provide fee waivers for authors from lesser developed countries (see below).
Published papers appear electronically and are freely available from our website. Authors may also use their published .pdf's for any non-commercial use on their personal or non-commercial institution's website.
Upon acceptance for publication a processing fee will be payable. Owing to fluctuations in foreign exchange rates fees may occasionally be subject to change without notice.
Commercial use: No articles from the Dove Medical Press website may be reproduced, in any media or format, or linked to for any commercial purpose (eg. product support, etc) without the prior written consent of Dove Medical Press and payment to Dove Medical Press of an appropriate fee. For further information on commercial use of published papers pleaseclick here.
Color illustrations: Open Access papers appear electronically. As no printed issues of any Dove journals are produced there are NO additional charges for color illustrations.
Authors living in developing countries: We encourage our authors to publish their papers with us and don’t wish the cost of publication processing fees to be an insurmountable barrier especially to authors from the low and lower middle income countries. A range of discounts or waivers are offered to authors who are unable to pay our publication processing fees. We use the World Bank Country Classification table to identify:
- Low income countries. Authors resident in these countries may apply to receive up to a 100% waiver of the standard publication processing fee;
- Lower middle income. Authors resident in these countries may apply to receive a 50% waiver of the standard publication processing fee.
If you are living in a developing country and need to apply for a waiver please email Jeanette Pearce (jeanette @ dovepress.com) with the following information:
- Your name and institution with full address details
- Title of journal you wish to submit a manuscript to
- Reason for applying for a waiver
- Title of your paper
- Country of residence of any co-authors.
If you have already accepted a discounted price offered to you at the time of submission please be aware that this is the maximum discount and we are unable to help you further.
- Authors are welcome to send an abstract of their manuscript to obtain a view from the Editor about the suitability of their paper. Please email here and include which journal you are interested in submitting your manuscript to. Our Editors will do a quick review (not peer review) of your paper and advise if they believe it is appropriate for submission to their journal. It will not be a full review of your manuscript.