Back to Browse Journals
Journal of Pain Research
Call For Papers
The Journal of Pain Research is indexed online:
- PubMed and PubMed Central (J Pain Res)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (also known as SciSearch®)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- Embase, from 2009 (Correct as at December 8, 2016)
- Scopus, from 2009 (Correct as at December 8, 2016)
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- OAIster - The Open Access Initiative
Journal Impact Factor: 2.581
The Journal of Pain Research welcomes laboratory and clinical findings in the fields of pain research and the prevention and management of pain. Original research, reviews, symposium reports, hypothesis formation and commentaries are all considered for publication.
What is the advantage to you of publishing in the Journal of Pain Research?
- It is an open access journal which means that your paper is available to anyone in the world to download for free directly from the Dove website.
- Although the Journal of Pain Research receives a large number of papers, unlike many traditional journals, your paper will not be rejected due to lack of space. We are an electronic journal and there are no limits on the number or size of the papers we can publish.
- The time from submission to a decision being made on a paper can, in many journals, take some months and this is very frustrating for authors. The Journal of Pain Research has one of the fastest turnaround times of any medical journal in the world. Generally peer review is complete within 2-3 weeks and the editor's decision within 2-7 days of this. It is therefore very rare to have to wait more than 4 weeks for a final decision. Many authors have found that our peer reviewer's comments substantially add to their final papers.
To recover our editorial and production costs and continue to provide our content at no cost to readers we charge authors or their institution a publication processing fee.
The Journal of Pain Research is indexed on PubMed Central (title abbreviation: J Pain Res). All published papers in this journal are submitted to PubMed for indexing straight away.
Become a Favored Author and receive real benefits
If you haven't already joined the Dove Press Favored Author Program I would encourage you to do so. Why? To receive real benefits like fast-tracking and a personal co-ordinator for your paper, as well as a discount on the publication processing fee.
Click here to go through to the Favored Author signup page, you'll just need to supply the working title of your next paper and when you intend to submit by.
Dr Michael Schatman
Journal of Pain Research