Back to Journals » International Journal of General Medicine » Aims and Scope
International Journal of General Medicine
Aims and Scope
The International Journal of General Medicine is an international, peer-reviewed, open access journal that focuses on general and internal medicine. It aims to bring the latest advances in clinical practice to a readership of general physicians and stimulate further innovation by presenting relevant translational research in an accessible format for the busy clinician. Clinical studies in all areas of human disease and medicine are welcomed.
Specific topics covered by the journal include:
- Diagnosis and nonsurgical treatment of diseases
- Elucidation of disease processes and management protocols
- Patient perspectives including satisfaction, quality of life, health literacy and communication
- Development of new healthcare programs and optimizing clinical outcomes
- Improved patient outcomes
- Monitoring and treatment protocols
- Multi-system disease processes
The International Journal of General Medicine is characterized by the rapid reporting of reviews, original research, and clinical studies across all disease areas.
The journal will not consider research purely focusing on surgical techniques, cell lines or animal studies.
When considering submission of a paper utilizing publicly-available data (e.g. SEER/GWAS/TCGA/GEO etc.), authors should ensure that such studies add significantly to the body of knowledge about a specific disease or relevant phenotype and that they are validated using the authors’ own data through replication in an independent sample set and functional follow-up. Bioinformatics studies should also conform to these criteria.
The International Journal of General Medicine will no longer consider meta-analyses for publication.
Case reports/series submitted to the International Journal of General Medicine will be diverted to the International Medical Case Reports Journal (Note that the International Medical Case Reports Journal has not yet received a Clarivate's Web of Science journal Impact Factor).
Related journals you may also be interested in:
- Advances in Medical Education and Practice
- Core Evidence
- International Medical Case Reports Journal
- Journal of Multidisciplinary Healthcare
- Nursing: Research and Reviews
- Pathology and Laboratory Medicine International
- Pragmatic and Observational Research
- Research and Reports in Tropical Medicine
- Research and Reviews in Parkinsonism