Back to Journals
Pragmatic and Observational Research
An international, peer reviewed, open access journal that publishes data from studies designed to reflect more closely medical interventions in real-world clinical practice compared with classical randomized controlled trials (RCTs).
Classical RCTs are designed to maximise internal validity and to establish an unequivocal cause-and-effect relationship between an intervention and an outcome. Classical RCT populations represent only minority groups of real-life patients and are thus limited in their extent. Complementary data from studies designed to reflect more closely the nature of real-world patients and medicines usage are required to inform guidelines and extrapolate research findings across the broad heterogeneous patient populations encountered in everyday clinical practice.
The journal publishes data from prospective and retrospective studies designed to evaluate outcomes associated with real-world clinical practice. Dissemination of this data and the techniques and approaches used to optimise real-world modeling allows outcome validation and improved standards and collaboration in this growing area of research.
This journal is a member of and subscribes to the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE).
Special offer: Original research and review papers submitted by December 31, 2017 using the promotional code PRJ16 will receive a fee waiver off the publication processing fee.
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI), from 2016
- PubMed and PubMed Central (Pragmat Obs Res)
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- OAIster - the Open Access initiative
Related journals you may also be interested in:
- Adolescent Health, Medicine and Therapeutics
- Advances in Medical Education and Practice
- Clinical Audit
- Clinical Epidemiology
- ClinicoEconomics and Outcomes Research
- Comparative Effectiveness Research
- Core Evidence
- Drug, Healthcare and Patient Safety
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Health
- International Journal of General Medicine
- International Journal of Wine Research
- International Medical Case Reports Journal
- Journal of Multidisciplinary Healthcare
- Journal of Parkinsonism and Restless Legs Syndrome
- Neuroscience and Neuroeconomics
- Nursing: Research and Reviews
- Nutrition and Dietary Supplements
- Open Access Journal of Sports Medicine
- Open Access Medical Statistics
- Pathology and Laboratory Medicine International
- Patient Preference and Adherence
- Patient Related Outcome Measures
- Pharmacogenomics and Personalized Medicine
- Psychology Research and Behavior Management
- Research and Reports in Tropical Medicine
- Risk Management and Healthcare Policy
- Therapeutics and Clinical Risk Management
- Vascular Health and Risk Management