Back to Journals » Journal of Blood Medicine » Call For Papers
Journal of Blood Medicine
The following Article Collection/ Thematic Series is currently open for submissions:
Dove Medical Press is pleased to invite you to submit your work to an upcoming Thematic Series on “Blood Donation” edited by Dr. Martin Bluth in the Journal of Blood Medicine.
When submitting your work, please use the promo code SYJLF to indicate that your manuscript should be considered for the Thematic Series on “Blood Donation”. This code will also provide you with a 20% discount on the advertised article processing charge. The deadline for submission of manuscripts is June 30th, 2023.
For any enquiries, please email to Jenni Shackleton, Commissioning Editor, at [email protected]
About the Thematic Series
The recent Covid epoch has demonstrated the friable nature of the global blood pool. Blood product inventory has dropped precipitously during the pandemic as a result of decreased blood donations. This has in turn affected surgical boarding, voluntary interventions that required blood product availability as well as blood utilization in a multitude of respects.
Specialty blood derived products such as Covid convalescent plasma (CCP) became promising treatment options until further interrogation demonstrated its decreased clinical value. Plasma containing immunoglobulins specific to Covid were also fractionated to provide a unique form of Covid centric immune globulin offerings. Clotting factor derivatives also surfaced as alternate or preferential options in certain aspects of decrease blood product availability.
As a result of this, it became clear that blood donation remained critical to maintain global blood supply needs. In addition, humankind felt the effects of decreased blood donations and various approaches were implemented to improve blood donations, including relaxation of FDA deferrals, local and regional blood drive increases and awareness initiatives to improve the blood product pool.
This special Blood Donations issue of the Journal of Blood Medicine serves to highlight blood donation science in all respects. Increased awareness, unique initiatives, utilization improvements, eligibility, deferrals, component processing, and psycho socio donation science approaches implemented or proposed to improve the blood component pool are all welcome for consideration.
Call For Papers
To see where the Journal of Blood Medicine is indexed online view the Journal Metrics.
- It is an open access journal which means that your paper is available to anyone in the world to download for free directly from the Dove website.
- Unlike many traditional journals, your paper will not be rejected due to lack of space. We are an electronic journal and there are no limits on the number or size of the papers we can publish.
- The time from submission to a decision being made on a paper can, in many journals, take some months and this is very frustrating for authors. The Journal of Blood Medicine has a quicker turnaround time than this. Generally peer review is complete within 3-4 weeks and the editor’s decision within 2-14 days of this. It is therefore very rare to have to wait more than 6 weeks for first editorial decision.
- Many authors have found that our peer reviewer’s comments substantially add to their final papers.
To recover our editorial and production costs and continue to provide our content at no cost to readers we charge authors or their institution an article publishing charge.
The Journal of Blood Medicine is indexed on PubMed Central (title abbreviation: J Blood Med). All published papers in this journal are submitted to PubMed for indexing straight away.
Become a Favored Author and receive real benefits
If you haven't already joined the Dove Press Favored Author Program I would encourage you to do so. Why? To receive real benefits like fast-tracking and a personal co-ordinator for your paper, as well as a discount on the publication processing fee.
Click here to go through to the Favored Author signup page.
Martin Bluth, MD, PhD
Journal of Blood Medicine
Related journals you may also be interested in:
- Blood and Lymphatic Cancer: Targets and Therapy
- Diabetes, Metabolic Syndrome and Obesity
- Integrated Blood Pressure Control
- International Journal of Clinical Transfusion Medicine
- International Journal of Nephrology and Renovascular Disease
- Journal of Vascular Diagnostics and Interventions
- Research Reports in Clinical Cardiology
- Vascular Health and Risk Management