Back to Journals » International Journal of Nanomedicine » Volume 17
Optimizing Stem Cell Functions and Antibacterial Properties of TiO2 Nanotubes Incorporated with ZnO Nanoparticles: Experiments and Modeling [Retraction]
Authors Liu W, Su P, Gonzales III A, Chen S, Wang N, Wang J, Li H , Zhang Z, Webster T
Received 24 January 2022
Accepted for publication 24 January 2022
Published 28 January 2022 Volume 2022:17 Pages 463—464
Liu W, Su P, Gonzales III A, et al. Int J Nanomedicine. 2015;10(1):1997–2019.
The Editor and Publisher of International Journal of Nanomedicine wish to retract the published article. Concerns were raised regarding the duplication of figures and results with those from an earlier publication, Liu et al, 2014 (https://doi.org/10.1039/C4NR01531B), by the authors. Specifically:
- Figures 1B and 1b appear to have been published previously as Figures 1B and 1b from Liu et al, 2014.
- Results from Table 2 had previously been published in Table 2 from Liu et al, 2014.
- Parts of Figure 2A appear to have been previously published in Figure 4 from Liu et al, 2014.
- Figures 2B and 2C appear to have been previously published as Figures 5a and 5b in Liu et al, 2014, respectively.
- Figure S1B appears to have been duplicated with Figure 3b from Liu et al, 2014, albeit with some adjustment to the image’s orientation.
It was acknowledged the earlier Liu et al, 2014 publication had been referenced, however the authors failed to properly cite this article as the source of the figures and results described above. In addition, the authors were unable to provide a satisfactory justification to the Editor for the need to republish these same figures and results. The Editor requested for the article to be retracted.
The authors do not agree with the decision to retract the article.
Our decision-making was informed by our policy on publishing ethics and integrity and the COPE guidelines on retraction.
The retracted article will remain online to maintain the scholarly record, but it will be digitally watermarked on each page as “Retracted”.
© 2022 The Author(s). This work is published and licensed by Dove Medical Press Limited. The full terms of this license are available at https://www.dovepress.com/terms.php and incorporate the Creative Commons Attribution - Non Commercial (unported, v3.0) License. By accessing the work you hereby accept the Terms. Non-commercial uses of the work are permitted without any further permission from Dove Medical Press Limited, provided the work is properly attributed. For permission for commercial use of this work, please see paragraphs 4.2 and 5 of our Terms.