Eye and Brain
The following Article Collection/ Thematic Series is currently open for submissions:
Neurodegenerative diseases: link between eye and brain
Dove Medical Press is pleased to invite you to submit your research to an upcoming Thematic Series on "Neurodegenerative diseases: link between eye and brain” in our journal Eye and Brain. This Thematic Series is Guest Edited by Aroucha Vickers, D.O. Founder & Chair, Neuro-Ophthalmology Department, Las Vegas Neurology Center, USA and Andrew G. Lee, MD, Herb and Jean Lyman Centennial Chair in Ophthalmology, Professor of Ophthalmology, Neurology, and Neurosurgery, Weill Cornell Medicine, USA.
Upon submission, please use the promo code PQYDF for 20% off the advertised article processing charge and indicate that your manuscript will be considered for the Thematic Series of " Neurodegenerative diseases: Link between eye and brain”. The deadline for manuscripts is the 31st of March 2023.
For any enquiries, please email Vicky Ship, Commissioning Editor at [email protected]
About the Thematic Series
Neurodegenerative diseases affect millions of individuals worldwide. These conditions can lead to progressive degeneration of the central and peripheral nervous system, and a link between the eye and the brain has long been postulated. The eye in particular has been implicated in neurodegenerative disease in a variety of ways. Here we aim to characterize the effect of neurodegenerative disease on the eye, investigate potential biomarkers that may help predict early detection, and assist with the management and prognosis of neurodegenerative disorders.
Dr Vickers and Professor Lee are seeking original research, and review article submissions on the following topics:
- Alzheimer dementia and the eye
- Parkinson disease and the eye
- Lewy body dementia and the eye
- Progressive supranuclear palsy and the eye
- Multiple system atrophy and the eye
- Chronic traumatic encephalopathy and the eye
- Amyloid angiopathy and the eye
Submit your manuscript
Call For Papers
To see where Eye and Brain is indexed online view the Journal Metrics
What is the advantage to you of publishing in Eye and Brain?
- It is an open access journal which means that your paper is available to anyone in the world to download for free directly from the Dove website.
- Unlike many traditional journals, your paper will not be rejected due to lack of space. We are an electronic journal and there are no limits on the number or size of the papers we can publish.
- The time from submission to a decision being made on a paper can, in many journals, take some months and this is very frustrating for authors. Eye and Brain has a quicker turnaround time than this. Generally peer review is complete within 3-4 weeks and the editor’s decision within 2-14 days of this. It is therefore very rare to have to wait more than 6 weeks for first editorial decision.
- Many authors have found that our peer reviewer’s comments substantially add to their final papers.
To recover our editorial and production costs and continue to provide our content at no cost to readers we charge authors or their institution an article publishing charge.
Eye and Brain is is indexed on PubMed Central (title abbreviation: Eye Brain). All published papers in this journal are submitted to PubMed for indexing straight away.
Become a Favored Author and receive real benefits
If you haven't already joined the Dove Press Favored Author Program I would encourage you to do so. Why? To receive real benefits like fast-tracking and a personal co-ordinator for your paper, as well as a discount on the publication processing fee.
Click here to go through to the Favored Author signup page.
Dr Margaret Wong-Riley
Eye and Brain