Aims and Scope
Oncolytic Virotherapy is an international, peer-reviewed, open access online journal publishing original research, study protocols, reviews, editorials and commentaries on all aspects of oncolytic virology, namely the application of oncolytic viruses for the treatment of cancer.
Oncolytic Virotherapy will no longer consider meta-analyses for publication.
Specific topics in the journal include:
- Rationale and theoretical aspects of oncolytic virotherapy including in vitro, in vivo and mathematical modelling.
- Pre-clinical development and the use of models to predict biological response
- Therapeutic form development studies.
- Clinical studies. This would include monotherapy and combination with radiotherapy/radionuclide therapy/chemotherapy/biologic therapies (including small molecules/HDAC inhibitors/modulators of cell death)/immunotherapies/other viruses.
- Practical application and problem solving in the clinic including identification of potential responders through biomarkers and genetic profiling.
- Medico-economic and resource management studies.
Other aspects of study and related topics may be included at the discretion of the Editors.