Back to Journals
Aims and Scope
Clinical Optometry is an international, peer-reviewed, open access journal focusing on clinical optometry. All aspects of patient care are addressed within the journal as well as the practice of optometry. Basic and clinical research papers are published that cover all aspects of optics, refraction and its application to the theory and practice of optometry.
Specific topics covered in the journal include:
- Theoretical and applied optics,
- Delivery of patient care in optometry practice,
- Refraction and correction of errors,
- Screening and preventative aspects of eye disease,
- Extended clinical roles for optometrists including shared care and provision of medications,
- Teaching and training optometrists,
- International aspects of optometry,
- Business practice,
- Patient adherence, quality of life, satisfaction,
- Health economic evaluations.
The journal welcomes submitted papers covering original research, basic science, clinical and epidemiological studies, reviews and evaluations, guidelines, expert opinion and commentary, case reports and extended reports.
As of 1st April 2019, Clinical Optometry will no longer consider meta-analyses for publication.