Back to Blog
Why Dove Medical Press?
World Cancer Day 2017
Adie Chan on February 4, 2017 at 9:00 am
World Cancer Day is an important means of spreading awareness of the disease that kills 8.8 million people a year worldwide. Unfortunately, cancer isn’t just one disease - there are hundreds of different cancers, some harder to treat than others. Experts have speculated that we could be just 5-10 years away from be able to effectively treat individual cancers, and fast-moving, ongoing research is crucial in the fight to achieve this. So in honour of World Cancer Day, we’ve highlighted some of the interesting oncology research published across our Dove Medical Press journals. These are all open access articles – free for all to read.
Additionally, one of our editorial board members in the Journal of Hepatocellular Carcinoma, Ashraf Omar Abdelaziz (Secretary General of the Egyptian Society of Liver Cancer and Professor of Hepatology and Endemic Medicine, Director of Multidisciplinary HCC clinic, Cairo University, Egypt) is taking part in the EASL HCC summit in Geneva from 2-5 February, and will today be presenting five posters about hepatocellular carcinoma. Follow the #HCCsummit hashtag on Twitter for the latest news on this.
Highly accessed and most cited oncology papers:
- Ambovex® as a novel immunological modulator drug for the treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) in the liver: a Phase II clinical trial
Salama H, Ahmad H, Elchagea I, Zekri AR et al.
Journal of Hepatocellular Carcinoma 2015, 2:79-89
- Targeting CD20 in chronic lymphocytic leukemia
Nahas MR, Arnason JE
Blood and Lymphatic Cancer: Targets and Therapy 2015, 5:43-53
- Internalization: acute apoptosis of breast cancer cells using herceptin-immobilized gold nanoparticles
Rathinaraj P, Al-Jumaily AM, Huh DS
Breast Cancer: Targets and Therapy 2015, 7:51-58
- Treatment patterns, health state, and health care resource utilization of patients with radioactive iodine refractory differentiated thyroid cancer
Gianoukakis AG, Flores NM, Pelletier CL, Forsythe A et al.
Cancer Management and Research 2016, 8:67-76
- EGFR signaling in colorectal cancer: a clinical perspective
Saletti P, Molinari F, De Dosso S, Frattini M
Gastrointestinal Cancer: Targets and Therapy 2015, 5:21-38
- Detection of epidermal growth factor receptor mutation in lung cancer by droplet digital polymerase chain reaction
Xu Q, Zhu Y, Bai Y, Wei X et al.
OncoTargets and Therapy 2015, 8:1533-1541
- Yttrium-90 resin microspheres as an adjunct to sorafenib in patients with unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma
Mahvash A, Murthy R, Odisio BC, Raghav KP et al.
Journal of Hepatocellular Carcinoma 2016, 3:1-7
- Critical analysis of the potential for microRNA biomarkers in breast cancer management
Graveel CR, Calderone HM, Westerhuis JJ, Winn ME, Sempere LF
Breast Cancer: Targets and Therapy 2015, 7:59-79
- Afatinib for the treatment of metastatic non-small cell lung cancer
Joshi M, Rizvi SM, Belani CP
Cancer Management and Research 2015, 7:75-82
- Chemovirotherapy: combining chemotherapeutic treatment with oncolytic virotherapy
Binz E, Lauer UM
Oncolytic Virotherapy 2015, 4:39-48
- BRAF-mutant melanoma: treatment approaches, resistance mechanisms, and diagnostic strategies
Spagnolo F, Ghiorzo P, Orgiano L, Pastorino L et al.
OncoTargets and Therapy 2015, 8:157-168