Back to Journals » International Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease » Podcasts » The use of ICS in COPD: Discussing new European Respiratory Society Guidelines
International Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
The use of ICS in COPD: Discussing new European Respiratory Society Guidelines
Filetype: MP3 - Size: 22.3MB - Duration: 22:45mins
In this episode of the Medical Insider COPD podcast, join Dr Richard Russell and Professor James Chalmers as they discuss the implications of the recent European Respiratory Society Guidelines on COPD patient care.1 Listen as the experts debate the use of inhaled corticosteroids and discuss who is most likely to benefit from their withdrawal. 1 Dr Russell also shares highlights from a publication about patients’ healthcare system encounters before they receive a COPD diagnosis.2 Finally, Dr Russell delves into a hot social media topic, looking at the implications that diet and nutrition can have for patients with COPD.
1. Chalmers JD, et al. Eur Respir J 2020;55:2000351;
2. Johnson KM, et al. Thorax 2020;75:108–115.
Professor James Chalmers
- Professor James Chalmers has received consultancy fees from AstraZeneca, Boehringer Ingelheim, Chiesi, GlaxoSmithKline, Grifols, Insmed, Janssen, Novartis and Zambon
- Research grant support from AstraZeneca, Boehringer Ingelheim, GlaxoSmithKline, Gilead Sciences, Insmed and Novartis
Dr Richard Russell
- Dr Richard Russell has received speaker fees from AstraZeneca, GlaxoSmithKline, Chiesi, Boehringer Ingelheim.
- Project grant support from AstraZeneca
This podcast programme was developed by an independent editorial board, funded by Boehringer Ingelheim. Boehringer Ingelheim was given the opportunity to review for medical and scientific accuracy.
Download transcript: here
Published on: 11 November 2021