Dove Medical Press encourages authors to use the relevant research reporting guidelines for the study type provided by the EQUATOR Network, in order to ensure that enough information is provided for editors, peer reviewers and readers to understand how the research was performed and to judge whether the findings are likely to be reliable.
The key reporting guidelines are:
- Randomised controlled trials (RCTs): CONSORT guidelines
- Systematic reviews and meta-analyses: PRISMA guidelines and MOOSE guidelines
- Observational studies in epidemiology: STROBE guidelines and MOOSE guidelines
- Studies conducted using observational routinely-collected health data: RECORD statement
- Diagnostic accuracy studies: STARD statement
Updated 18 September 2017