Back to Journals
The Journal of Neurorestoratology is now being published by Tsinghua University Press. Please click here to view or submit to the journal.
Journal of Neurorestoratology
Aims and Scope
The field of neurorestoratology has developed rapidly, bringing together preclinical and clinical advances towards improved functional recovery of damaged nervous systems, as well as preventative medicine to minimize complications of neural degeneration and damage. Neurorestoratology is a sub-discipline of neuroscience concerned with neurorestoration by means of neural repair, regeneration and replacement, neural circuit or network construction, signaling repair, neuromodulation, neuroprostheses neuroprotection, and the enhancement of neuroplasticity, neurogenesis and angiogenesis.
The Journal of Neurorestoratology is an international, peer-reviewed, open access journal focusing on original experimental and clinical research, technological advances and expert reviews on the subject of neurorestoratology. Clinical studies on geriatric, pediatric, hereditary and traumatic CNS disorders are of particular interest, as are neurorestorative techniques that involve cell therapy, tissue engineering or bioengineering, neuromodulation by electro-magnetic stimulation, pharmaceutical or chemical therapies, neural prostheses, pharmacotherapy and combinations of these methods.
The Journal of Neurorestoratology features:
- Research Articles: high-quality, peer-reviewed research articles that represent new and significant contributions to science and medicine.
- Review Articles: reviews of major topics in neurorestoratology. These may be of any length and are peer-reviewed.
- Brief Communications: timely and brief peer-reviewed studies.
- Letters to the Editor: readers' comments on journal articles and other matters of interest to researchers and clinicians.
- Announcements and News: notices of upcoming meetings, conferences, seminars, and other events of interest to those in the field.