Nutrition and Dietary Supplements
Open access peer-reviewed scientific and medical journals.
Dove Medical Press is now a member of the Open Access Initiative
An Author's Guide
A guide to help authors get their paper published.
Support Open Access and Dove Press
Promotional Article Monitoring - further details
Favored Author Program
Real benefits for authors, including fast-track processing of papers.
Chandrika J Piyathilake, PhD
Nutrition and Dietary Supplements is an international, peer-reviewed, open access journal focusing on research into nutritional requirements in health and disease, impact on metabolism and the identification and optimal use of dietary strategies and supplements necessary for normal growth and development.
Specific topics covered in the journal include:
• Epidemiology, prevalence of related disorders such as obesity, diabetes, dyslipidemias
• Biochemistry and cellular metabolism of nutrients
• Effect of nutrition on metabolic control
• Impact of hormones and genetics on nutrient handling
• Identification of cofactors and development of effective supplementation strategies
• Dietary strategies
• Behavior modification
• Consumer and patient adherence, quality of life
• Public Health Policy & Health Economics
The journal welcomes submitted papers covering original research, basic science, clinical and epidemiological studies, reviews and evaluations, guidelines, expert opinion and commentary, case reports and extended reports.
"I was impressed at the rapidity of publication from submission to final acceptance." Dr Edwin Thrower, PhD, Yale University.